One of the most frequently used and well-liked operating systems, Android was created by Google and is primarily designed for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Particularly when it comes to creating, downloading, and installing apps, it provides excellent flexibility and a wide range of capabilities. Have you considered an Android operating system for a PC, though?
As the majority of you are probably already aware, Windows users may also download Android OS. Yes, you heard correctly. You may run the Android OS on a PC using one of the many emulator software that are readily available online. You may easily run Android applications on your Windows computer or laptop after installing any such app.
The top Android operating system for a computer? The 10 best Android operating systems for PCs that let you experience an Android-like environment on Windows are covered in this article.
The Top 10 Android OS for PC
Indeed, that’s the first name that comes to mind. An easy-to-use platform for running Android applications on any desktop is provided by Bluestacks. Bluestacks can be the ideal environment for simulating Android OS on your PC or laptop, providing access to everything from gaming to running any Android-based applications.
- One of the fastest and lightest Android emulators.
- comes with pre-programmed game controllers.
- specialised internal controls.
- allows you to play games concurrently on several displays.
- enhances PC performance when using demanding apps.
- offers real-time translation functionality so you may play games in your native tongue.
- High FPS for a more fluid gaming experience.
- provides a selection of HD games.
- video capture.
- the taking of screenshots.
One of the greatest Android OS for PC apps is PrimeOS since it offers a desktop version of the Android operating system. Run Android games and applications in a dedicated environment by using the PrimeOS emulator programme.
- provides an extensive desktop experience.
- compatible with both macOS and Windows.
- aesthetically pleasing and comfortable user interface.
- allows for key mapping to alter game controls.
- blazingly quick performance.
- Use the alt+tab key combination to quickly switch between different tabs.
- integrated file manager
3. Chrome OS
Looking for a quick fix to experience an Android-like environment on your desktop or laptop? To run Android apps and games, you can download and install a copy of Chrome OS on your Chromebook. It is the easiest and most affordable solution to hassle-free imitate an Android OS environment on your PC.
- compatible with the operating systems Linux, macOS, and Windows.
- Easy to set up and operate.
- secure and safe.
- Customized search engine assistance.
- has a “Status Tray” feature that shows battery life, WiFi connectivity, and other crucial data.
- a specific launcher designed for speedy application and game launches.
4. Phoenix OS
Looking for the top Android operating system for computers? Phoenix OS is a great option if you want to play immersive games on a large screen. Phoenix OS is a fantastic environment where you can have a blast playing Android games and apps on your desktop!
- Support for multiple windows.
- x64 architecture is supported.
- Functions for key mapping are included.
- You can control, view, and manage all of your notifications from one location with the notification centre.
- The ability to switch between several apps using a single key.
- To generate several copies of the same programme, use the app clones feature.
- a global search
- Manager of files.
- Ethernet and LAN connectivity
5. Android x86 Project
An open-source programme with an Apache Public License 2.0 licence is Android x86. You can use this lightweight emulator tool to get an Android-like experience on a desktop or PC.
- Support with Bluetooth and WiFi.
- on the Lineage OS.
- actively being developed by a number of developers and contributors.
- easy controls for multitasking.
6. Bliss OS x86
Bliss x86 is the next best Android OS for PCs on our list. Another open-source Android OS programme that is safe and loaded with cutting-edge features is Bliss OS x86. You can choose from the three various Bliss OS versions for desktop, tablet, and stock, according on your preferences.
- There are different levels of improvements, tweaks, and optimizations available.
- compatible with Linux, Windows, macOS, and Chromebooks.
- x86 and ARM architecture support.
- includes several gamepad setups.
7. Remix OS
Remix OS is a fully functional Android operating system that enables you to use virtually any Android application on a desktop or laptop. It provides a similar Taskbar and right-click capabilities to Windows that facilitate switching between apps, providing the ideal fusion of Android and Windows OS in a single area.
- appealing, simple to use user interface.
- quick installation time.
- minimum specifications for hardware
- compatible with 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.
Android OS for PCs called Openthos is free and open-source. Here are a few of the main characteristics of this useful Android OS app, which you may use on any device.
- Chinese algorithm-based enhanced security.
- native GUI that is light.
- low latency and 60 frames per second.
- Included are biometrics and disc encryption.
- includes a task manager, file manager, and multi-window.
- Linux, Mac, and Windows compatible.
9. Lineage OS
Lineage OS is an improved open-source Android OS platform built on the Android mobile platform that you can use to install Android applications, play Android games, and set other customization preferences.
- comes with a lock screen for increased security.
- has a special “Privacy Guard” function that lets you control how much access an app has to your data.
- Adjust the interface’s brightness, reposition the icons, and apply themes to make it your own.
- Updates are periodically made available.
Any environment can be fully adapted to using Genymotion Android emulator. There are four versions of it: free, on-demand, premium, and cloud. If you want to test out Android apps on a PC, this is a nice example of an Android operating system.
- Less RAM is used when a computer is performing at its best.
- top-notch security.
- Simple to use and integrate with SDKs and APIs.
- Unrestricted virtual gadgets are instantly accessible.
- Simple to configure