Spotify is currently an essential software for music aficionados. According to Spotify’s 2019 Use and Revenue Statistics, Spotify is the largest digital music streaming platform in the world. Spotify is initially attractive owing to the fact that customers can access the content for free. What if, though, Spotify’s shuffle is not random?
By checking in, you will have access to your favorite music, podcasts, videos, playlists, and videos by artists from all over the world. There’s also an option called Spotify shuffle play that plays all of these things at random. Others occasionally complained that the Spotify shuffle was not working. In case this happens to you, I will explain how to overcome this Spotify shuffle issue.
Justifications Why Spotify Shuffle Is Not Random
The shuffle function on Spotify might help you mix up your listening. It’s perfect for extended playlists or when you don’t feel like following the sequence. To enable shuffle, hit the huge shuffle button in the pop-up box. Thus, the button’s huge icon will turn green. Then, you can anticipate that your songs will play in a random order, one after the next at some interval.
The issue happens when Spotify’s shuffle function breaks. You are aware of this issue when the same song or artist plays twice in a succession. Typically, Spotify shuffle is not random owing to a technical issue. If the system fails, there will be an unintended result that may cause a problem.
Another possibility is that Spotify has already upgraded its shuffle algorithm in its most recent release. Hence, if you continue to utilize an older version of the algorithm, it will no longer function. Additionally, do not remove the program owing to these two main reasons why the shuffle feature is not working. Fortunately, it is still fixable.
Methods for Fixing a Non-Random Spotify Shuffle
When Spotify’s shuffle feature is not working, you must manually select each song you wish to hear. Obviously, it is rather aggravating, frustrating, and time-consuming. Thus, the following are some tips for what to do when it occurs:
1. Sign Out and Restart Spotify
When your Spotify shuffle is malfunctioning, the first thing you should do is log out of the application. Additionally, you must restart Spotify, not your device. The objective is to reset or restart the application in response to a bug. To do so, you need to:
- Navigate to “Your Library” and then “Settings” (the gear icon) in the upper-right corner. And select the white “Log Out” button.
- After logging out, you should deactivate Spotify. Then, purge or remove it from your background applications. Also, clear the app caches and trash in “Settings” on your phone.
- Then, return to Spotify and log in once more.
- Test the functionality by attempting to play a playlist. Also, ensure that the scramble mode is activated.
2. Update Spotify to the Newest Version
Another explanation why the Spotify shuffle not random is that you’ve been applying the outdated shuffle play algorithm. Meanwhile, the app is updated with the newest one in the latest edition. Hence, all you need to do is to update the version of your Spotify. If you’re using iOS (iPad, iPod, Mac, iPhone), all you need to do are:
- Open “App Store” app.
- Move to “Updates” on right side, and check if your Spotify account needs an update.
- But, if you’re on Android, you can take these following steps:
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the left-hand “Menu” button (the white indicator with three horizontal lines), then tap “My apps & games.”
- Therefore, browse down the list to locate the Spotify app. If there is a “Update” button next to it, select it.
3. Sort All Your Music by Titles – Fix Spotify Shuffle
If those two solutions didn’t help, and your Spotify shuffle not working still, you can try this method. Evidently, this method is quite prevalent within the Spotify community through their threads argument. Most of them successfully fixed their Spotify shuffle difficulty with this technique. Here’s how you do it:
- Enter the “Spotify” application and choose a playlist to listen to.
- Next, swipe the screen downwards. Then, a “Filter” search bar will appear at the top of the page. Additionally, to its right is a white insignia with three horizontal lines.
- Select the icon with three horizontal lines. Then, navigate to the “Sort By” menu and select “Title.”
- Therefore, return and select the “Shuffle Play” button. Now, determine whether the playlist arbitrarily plays your tracks.
4. Use Spotify Shuffler Site
If you’ve tried those strategies above, but your Spotify shuffle not working still, then you can use the Spotify Shuffler app. This application is free and safe as a third party to repair the shuffling problem. Nonetheless, numerous folks remarked that this Spotify Shuffler application shuffles the tunes more randomly than Spotify ever will. Also, this site works nicely for both mobile and desktop. To use this app, you need to:
- Visit SpotifyShuffler.com on your mobile device.
- You must then log in to your Spotify account (click on big green button). However, ensure that the shuffle mode on your Spotify is disabled (so that it does not interrupt your already-randomized playlist).
- After logging in, you can choose any playlist you want to listen to and play it at random.
- The Spotify Shuffler has now shuffled your playlist.
- Simply return to the site whenever you wish to listen to your newly generated playlists.
Although its status as the leading digital music streaming platform, Spotify is nevertheless prone to many issues that can torment its millions of subscribers. One of the most prevalent issues on Spotify is the shuffle issue. Now, you can try one of the four techniques described above if your the shuffle not working. If one method doesn’t work, then continue on to another method.
Consequently, the users need to regularly update their Spotify app into the current version to prevent problems such as Spotify shuffle not random occurring due to a glitch or junks. As we know, a bug or junk on an older version of a software can cause unanticipated challenges or complications. Also, you can visit the Spotify community site for further information regarding your recurring difficulty with the shuffle feature